AR Developer Job Description
An AR developer Job description is provided below
Feel free to copy the AR Developer Job Description and use it to help with your recruitment efforts. We don’t post jobs on boards, as our process is a hands-on, active approach to recruitment.
This article is just a tool to help prospective employers and their recruitment staff understand all of the specifics of these positions, we will be adding some commentary afterward to clarify anything that might seem like jargon or that might provide any confusion.
These clarifications are made for non-technical staff. We highly recommend that if you do use our Job Descriptions that you edit them to more closely relate to the work that your organization is specifically concerned with.
AR Developer Job Description
Job Title: AR Developer
We are seeking a talented and experienced AR Developer to join our team. The AR Developer will be responsible for designing and developing augmented reality (AR) applications for various devices such as mobile phones, tablets, and smart glasses. The ideal candidate will have experience in AR development, as well as a strong understanding of programming languages and frameworks.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, and stakeholders to create AR experiences that meet user needs and business goals
- Test and debug AR applications to ensure they are stable and function properly on different devices
- Research and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in AR development to continuously improve the AR applications and maintain their competitiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Proven experience as an AR Developer, with a strong portfolio of previous work in AR development
- Experience with AR development tools such as ARKit, ARCore, or Vuforia
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and animation software such as Blender or Maya
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Clarification of Potentially Confusing or Technical Terminology in the User Interface Developer Job Description:
AR (augmented reality):
- a technology that overlays digital objects onto the real world using a device such as a mobile phone or smart glasses
- a set of instructions used to create software applications or computer programs
- examples of programming languages that are commonly used for AR development
- examples of AR development tools that are commonly used for creating AR experiences
- the process of creating a digital representation of a three-dimensional object
- the process of creating a sequence of images that simulate motion of a three-dimensional object
- a collection of works or projects that demonstrate skills and accomplishments
- the process of identifying and fixing errors or problems in software applications